Wednesday 4 May 2016

Favorite Filipino Poems

Tracing You
by Kristina Aquino

Imagine the train tracks,
the train speeding away from you.
We were somewhere
and someone else a minute ago.

So I give you this,
the poet, the imagined martyr,
unmoving in her seat--she is one
of the firsts, she is daybreak today--
it does nothing but stare back.
She is so still the train stops with her.
"Cubao", she mouths.

Imagine the train tracks,
the train speeding away from
you, Cubao.
We were with you
some minute ago.

There are buildings
on the way to the end of the line,
but structure
eliminates the idea of a horizon.
It is sad when imagined things
start dying, too.


No rest
by Kyo Zapanta

It's time for me to rest for a while
My condition is not that good
But hell, I can't seem to leave behind
Whatever it is that I must do

I know it’s been in overtime
I shouldn’t be here anymore
But that workaholiart of me
Seem to like the stress in store

But then again by head’s in pain
My body is just saying no
My eyes are swollen and tears are forming
I could cry in stress ever so

But I wouldn’t cry even if I feel it
For when I do I’ll be okay
Then I would again want to work
And I’ll be working for the rest of the day


Who Am I
by Brian Joseph Sy

Who am I to blindly believe that?
I can become parcel of this sacred ground?
To pretend that I am a strong wind
to guide your ever sturdy wings

Who am I to change this persistent blue rain?
To pretend that I can wash the sorrows away
from your ever beating heart

Who am I to care for this mortified soul?
To pretend that sanctity ascends in my
figureless touch…

I am none. Transcending only the littlest of
existence only meager eyes could see.
In the skies I plead alms
to catch your merciful grace;

To rescue me from this
lonesome cloud of misery
that I call self.


Last Love
by J.D. Mariposa

Best of friends
together took a leap
Now true friends
ahh! feelings run deep
Two hearts fused
hands ever entwined

Ti's all worth the wait
to care for one as kindly
Never never too late
to love but not blindly

So, to you my friend first,
my last love, i say
I'll be true every and
each of my waking day!


Now I Know
by Jose Paulo Tolentino

Seven months felt like seven years
and now I face my greatest fears
Why before I could never wait
but now I know the heavy weight.

In a strange world, a mad city,
it is tough to be an adult
you take responsibility
to bear frustration and insult

There are days I would like to die
life is not pretty as it seem
Leave this and what do I redeem?
many I have learned is just a lie

They say I should create a goal
Love and life is what you make it
but somehow it just could not fit
All I have is a hollow soul

From here I don't know where to go
Being an adult, now I know.



My Favorite Filipino is Last Love by J.D. Mariposa

Reaction:
I choose this poem because of all the poem's I've read, I think this is the best one. It shows how love conquers every problem and difficulties we thought that it would never exist. As long as the person you loved is with you, you became motivated and active in every walk that you take. You can do things beyond limits and then you also learn that when you loved, its risky. So take every step of your way and learn from your mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment